The Royal Crest of Danville is a continuing care retirement community (CCRC) for the elderly consisting of an independent living units, assisted living units, nursing beds with exterior walking courtyard, hospice beds and Alzheimer beds with exterior wandering terrace. In keeping with the character of Danville, the buildings are architecturally designed to complement the neighborhood’s architectural character while enhancing the quality of life of its residents.
The 200 independent living units, 40 assisted living units and the 54 nursing beds, which also house an Alzheimer dementia unit, will all be under a gambrel roof form with shed dormers. Short corridors, shed dormers and balconies are provided where we can to assist in breaking up the massing of the building and provide architectural interest. The exterior materials will consist of architectural grade roof shingles, shingle siding with wood trim on the upper floors and a cultured stone veneer accent on the first floor.
The exterior amenities of the project will provide for,
• walking paths to and from the site,
• formal gardens where the residents may relax and contribute their love of gardening
• a putting green,
• formal terraces for group activities,
• the nursing facility will have an exterior courtyard which will have a garden, casual seating with chairs, tables with umbrellas and perhaps a water feature all within a secured stone wall to protect the residents,
• And various fruit bearing ornamental trees.